Baume & Mercier SA
50 Chemin de la Chênaie
Baume & Mercier was founded as “Frères Baume” in 1830 by the brothers Louis-Victor and Célestin Baume, who opened the clock house in Les Bois, a village in the Swiss Jura. The Swiss watchmaker International through the establishment of a branch in London expanded in 1921 under the name “Baume Brothers”, which led to the expansion throughout the British Empire. In the late 19th century, the company established an international reputation ADH, ADH and its watch records and accuracy in September won a series of timing competitions.
In 1918 a partnership company director William Baume Mercier with Paul “Baume & Mercier” found in Geneva. The company specializing in manufacturing wrist watches is now, unconventionally specially “shaped” This is not models round shape the traditional possessed. In 1919 Baume & Mercier was awarded the Geneva seal, the highest international award of the time for excellence watchmaking.
During the Roaring Twenties, embraced the brand’s emancipation of women. In the 1940s, Baume & Mercier started in the number of modern watch collections, especially the 2 Register Chronograph. Early examples are models with the double fallback very rare and very coveted, more than twice as often the price of a later model are called up.
In the 1970s, Baume & Mercier watches shaped: like the galaxy and Stardust models. In 1973 Baume & Mercier presents the Riviera, one of the world’s first steel sports watches.
Baume & Mercier Swiss Watches website