MGI Luxury Group S.A.
Solothurnstrasse 1 / Route de Soleure 1
2504 Biel / Bienne
In 1911 Eugène Blum, together with Alice Blum, Née Lévy, found an establishment shop in La Chaux-de-Fonds. By the combination of the first letters of both names – Eugène Blum Et Lévy – the brand name “Ebel” was created. In 1932 Karl, the son of the founder, took over the management of the company. He built the sales network of the company by further expanding it into many foreign countries, including USA. Headed by Blum’s grandson Pierre-Alain, the company has enjoyed a significant boom since the early 1970s, producing wrist watches for Cartier. The company was part of the LVMH Group until the end of 2003.
By the end of 2003 LVMH Ebel sold to the Movado Group for 62.2 million dollars.
Ebel has sponsored the work of famous architects such as Le Corbusier (who was born in La Chaux-de-Fonds), Andree Putman, or – in the early 1990s – contemporary Swiss painters such as Jean Arcelin. In 1986 the Villa Turque, an early masterpiece of Le Corbusier, was acquired by the group on the occasion of the 75th anniversary to serve as a reminder of its core values as well as an inexhaustible source of inspiration for the brand.
Ebel Swiss Watches website