Maurice Lacroix S.A.
Maurice Lacroix was founded in 1975 as part of Desco von Schulthess of Zurich. Founded in 1889, Desco von Schulthess (Desco) is an older company with roots in the silk trade. Since 1946 Desco is also a representative for luxury watches such as Audemars Piguet, Heuer, Eterna and Jaeger-LeCoultre. Over the years Desco became more and more interested in watchmaking, and in 1961, Desco acquired a meeting place called Tiara in Saignelégier, in the Swiss canton of Jura. There it produced private-label watches for third parties.
In 1975, Desco began marketing watches under the brand name Maurice Lacroix. It was a member of Desco of Schulthess’s parent company and founding company of Maurice Lacroix.
By 1980, Maurice Lacroix had become so successful that the plant in Saignelégier ceased production for third parties. In 1989, Maurice Lacroix acquired Queloz S.A, the trapper in Saignelégier. Its ability to produce watch cases in the home, Maurice Lacroix makes unusual compared to many other luxury watch companies.
In the nineties, Maurice Lacroix experienced a “rocket-like rise” with the introduction of her high-end series “Les Mécaniques”, which was later renamed the “Masterpiece” line. During this time, the company rose to the rank of Swiss watchmakers.
Since 2010 Maurice Lacroix has around 220 employees worldwide and is represented in around 4,000 shops in more than 60 countries worldwide.
Maurice Lacroix Swiss Watches website