Roamer of Switzerland AG
P.O. Box, 4503 Solothurn
Roamer was founded in Solothurn, Switzerland, in 1888 by Fritz Meyer. At first, Meyer and co-workers concentrated on the production of cylinder inhibitions. In 1904, Meyer began assembling watches. In 1905 Meyer joined the watchmaker Johann Studeli to form the partnership between Meyer and Studeli. In the same year, Meyer won a bronze medal at the Liège World Fair. The partnership continued to develop new caliber and enter it into more world fairs, to win silver medals at the Milan Fair in 1906 and the Brussels Fair in 1910.
The earliest identified watch is an unmarked ladies’ pocket watch with an MST 41 cylinder escapement, which has London silver trademark for 1908.
1917 they bought the Solothurn watchmaker L Tieche Gammeter (LTG). LTG had previously registered the brand “Roamer” in 1908. In 1918 the partnership was extended to Meyer & amp; Studeli SA integrated.
In 1923 the production grew to one million units. The decorated lever-shirts watches were sold under the brand ‘Roamer’. Cylinder and later pin-lever, watches were sold under the brands Medana and Meda. In 1932, the company launched its own dial production line. 1945 opened a representative office in New York City and 1952 Meyer and Studeli officially changed their name to Roamer Watch Co. SA. In 1955 Roamer patented the watertight watch case from Anfibio, which proved to be a commercial success. The company started its first quartz movement in 1972.
In 2003, Roamer returned to manufacturing mechanical watches.
In 2013, its 125th anniversary, Roamer launched a limited edition of the Stingray Chrono Diver watch.
Roamer is a member of the Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry.
Roamer Swiss Watches website