P.O. Box 464
Zeno’s story begins in 1868 with the watchmaker Jules Godat, the founder of a small pocket watch maker (Godat & Co.) in La Chaux-de-Fonds, in the heart of the Swiss watch industry. He produced in very small quantities fine pocket watches with solid silver cases and lady pendant watches. He built a small factory, built in 1920 by A. Eigeldinger & Fils.
Eigeldinger specialized in watches for the army. They produced watches made of stainless steel, silver, gold and platinum, with mechanical movements up to 43mm. Her registered brands were Zeno, Beach and Solvex. The owner’s son, Andre-Charles Eigeldinger, introduced Zeno. In Greek, the name is “graceful”.
The first Zeno watches were manufactured in 1922. Each piece was marked with a Swiss cross on the back of the case. The company has continued to develop since then. In 1949 the Zeno watches were exhibited for the first time at the Swiss watch fair in Basel.
In 1966 Dr. Peter Atteslander and Eric Enggist bought the rights to Zeno and sold them to Mr. Felix W. Huber in 1973. Mr. Huber had been working for the company since 1964.
Zeno’s workshops were internationally known in 1969 with the legendary and futuristic “Spacemen” model, the production of the vacuum dive clock called “Kompressor” and the takeover of several well-known Swiss watch factories.
Zeno Swiss Watches website